Superissimo is once again registered with the Federale Cycling Enforcement Divisione and will contest a full schedule of races as well as to be pedaling San Dimas Stage Race, Redlands Bicycle Classic, Tour of the Gila, Winston-Salem Cycling Classic, and Reading 120. Thank you.
The team will also contest select early season regional events of course like Valley of the Sun and Tucson Bicycle Classic.
Paul “PT” THOMAS
Paul Thomas is Arizona cycling’s defacto Statesman on the road. With decades of experience in world to regional endeavors, he brings the encyclopedia-britanica of gameplay to Superissimo’s on the road effort. Originally an Arkansas Razorback, PT brings his no-holds barred approach to a fully moist life on la bici.
World Champion, Duathlon Points Series – 1994
- Two-time National Duathlon Champion
- 1st, GC, Valley of the Sun – 2011
- 1st, Arizona State Championship Road Race – 2014
- 1st, Arizona State Championship Time Trial – 2009
- 1st, Barnburner – 2013
- 1st, Bass Lake International Triathlon – 2011
Check out the race winners interview (specifically at 28 seconds in) from the IronMan Hawaii winner in 2014.
Quinn brings smooth & buttered powered to the team. Self described all-arounder coupled with an impressive regional palmares, Quinn is quickly scribed as an adhesive unit keeping the grouppo together and on point. With a heavy chop hand, his dedication to the team ensures Superissimo Podium Engagements are met. Lola provides accompaniment at select predetermined events.
- Height: 176 cm
- Weight: 68 kg
- Website: realcheapheat.blogspot.com
- Twitters: @qrushing
- Strengths: Shredding the gnar, all ’rounder, domestique, crits (as a last resort)
- Favorite food: Pizza
- Greatest fear: Cars
2014 Harmony Systems / Flat Tire Bike Shop
- 5th AZ State Marathon MTB Championships
- 8th Crusher in the Tushar
- 1st Colossal Cave Omnium Overall
- 1st AZ Cross Mooey Cross
- 1st AZ Cross SMA Smackdown
- 2nd AZ State CX Championships
- 2nd AZ Cross Cup Series Overall
- 2nd AZ Cross Flagstaff Double Cross
- 1st Overall Tour of the Enumclaw, WA
- 2nd Tour of the Enumclaw Road Race
- 3rd Tour of the Enumclaw Time Trial
- 2nd Liberty Bank Philadelphia International (Philly) – KOM competition
- 1st Oregon State Road Race Championships
- 1st Cirque du Cycling Criterium (Check this out… LINK)
- 1st Jack Frost Time Trial
4th Portland Twilight Criterium
5th Dana Point Grand Prix Prologue
- Left nut removed
- 1st Eugene Celebration Stage Race Road Race
- 1st Oregon Best All Around Rider – Road
- Various Wins, first full season as a 1/2
- Spent Fall in Belgium racing CX
By now having already rubbed elbows on the continent several times — and taken home Belgian flowers as a souvenir — CJ’s studies continue at Superissimo for a return engagement. Ready to go full stick before heading to study eastern design ways, he will show he is eager to test his mettle against the best this year. Oh! there he goes.
- 1st, Stage 3, Tucson Bicycle Classic Men Pro, 1
- 1st, Stage 2, Valley of the Sun Stage Race – Men 17-18
- 2nd, Stage 3, Tour of the Gila Stage Race – Cat 2
- 1st, Baardegem Kermess (BEL)
- 4th, Stage 1, Tour de l’Abitibi (CAN) Nations Cup
- 4th, Sprint Challenge, Tour de l’Abitibi (CAN) Nations Cup
- 9th, Stage 4, Tour de l’Abitibi (CAN) Nations Cup
- 1oth Stage 5, Tour de l’Abitibi (CAN) Nations Cup
- 1st, Stage 3 Criterium, San Dimas Stage Race – Cat 2
- 6th, Stage 2 Road Race, San Dimas Stage Race – Cat 2
- 6th, GC, Tucson Bicycle Classic – Cat 2
This may be the only rider on the team that we are sorry that he has to wear a helmet. Such hair.
Peterman is arguably the GC rider on paper with his wily time trialing ways, albeit he does better with two clavicles in that discipline. Look for Jim to get in touch with his inner Peterman and bring full fury at his favorite venues in 2016.
Jim ‘as been to:
(….insert Peterman results here…)
Bringing more weight to the ring than his sleight frame carries, Sam may be turning into the teams sprinter – but imagine a sprinter trapped terrifyingly in a climbers body. Horrible….
Just wait til the road goes up though.
See Sam climb. Climb, Sam, Climb.
- 7th, San Ardo Road Race Pro 1
- 9th, Stage 3 Circuit Race, Tucson Bicycle Classic Stage Race Pro 1
- 13th, Mount Hamilton Road Race 2015 Pro 1,2
- 1st, GC Topsport Stage Race 2014 Cat 2, 2nd out of the Cat 1 TT
Sam was also spotted racing last year at the Mens’ UCI Tour of the Gila as well as the NRC Redlands Bicycle Classic.